To Diesdorf belong the 18 districts Abbendorf (1161), Hohenböddenstedt (1112), Peckensen ( 1161), Dankensen (1261), Molmke (1323), Lindhof ( 1323), Haselhorst (1347), Schadewohl (1423,) Schadeberg formed after 1852 from the components of the names Schadewohl and Bergmoor), Dülseberg (1322), Bergmoor ( 1161), Waddekath (1112), Höddelsen, Reddigau, Neuekrug, Hohengrieben, Mehmke and Wüllmersen.
The surrounding area is characterized by a gently rolling landscape with mostly wooded barren sandy soils. The center of Diesdorf is the village of the same name, where in 1161 Count Hermann of Lüchow and Warpke founded the Augustinian monastery of Marienwerder (surrounded by water), which shaped the history and development of the village for centuries.
Open Air Museum Diesdorf
For tourism, the municipality offers a variety of opportunities. Worth seeing is especially one of the oldest open-air museums in Germany (1911), with its historical buildings. The open-air museum Diesdorf invites to an excursion into the country life of former generations. With over 25 residential and farm buildings on an area of about 6 hectares, it presents the culture and way of life of the people in the Altmark between the 17th and 20th centuries.
Diesdorfer sweet must, wine press & noble distillery
The cidery "Diesdorfer" has its family business including farm store in Diesdorf/Altmark. The company has been producing high-quality fruit juices, fruit wines and noble distillates from primarily regional fruit for decades. In the farm store you will find not only a selection of juices and wines but also other regional products such as honey, fruit brandies, apples, jams, pasta products, cooking oils or various gift items.